.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Monday, June 29, 2009

Franken-Coleman may soon be over

We still don't know when the Minnesota Supreme Court will issue a decision, but yesterday on CNN, Tim Pawlenty said he would sign certification if Coleman loses his challenge.

I'm sure Pawlenty will first allow Coleman a disgusting "just fighting for the voters" concession speech.

(I keep thinking about the reception when Franken first enters the Senate chamber.)

Later: Politico points out that the NRSC has sent a million dollars to Coleman just in the last three months.

4 Comments:

  • I don't understand why the MN supreme court is seemingly dragging it's feet. Their job was not to revisit the entire case, but to determine whether the election court's strong and unanimous decision was correct or not.

    By Blogger -epm, at 2:39 PM  

  • I don't know if they're slow here. I don't know their normal schedule.

    But they're definitely not ruling quickly.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:45 PM  

  • I know. But given the profile of the case, and the rigorous process of counting, recounting and litigation that preceded the oral arguments, and given the election court didn't take anything near this long in the first place, I guess I expected a little more expeditiousness.

    By Blogger -epm, at 3:46 PM  

  • Yeah. I get your point, especially afterthe court questioning seemed to treat Coleman as having no merit.

    But maybe they're being cautious because of the stakes and precedent?

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home