.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Was I duped?

I got to thinking a little more about the WSJ story below about Chinese and Russian spies infiltrating the US power grid, and I think I've failed you.

I so frequently invoke the question "who leaked this now and why?", but for some reason I simply took this WSJ story as literal rather than looking at it in the fuller context of politics.

No significant facts, no real revelations, and most of the discussion about things that happened many, many months ago. So full of scare and released at the perfect moment, right as the proposed Pentagon budget makes its way to Congress.

This is someone using the media to bump up their own budgetary line.

I'm sorry. I should have caught that.

3 Comments:

  • I thought your first post hit the right tone. You didn't totally swallow the bait. You asked questions.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

  • Thanks. Yeah, I didn't jump at the hype, but I do think the budget issue is the real bit.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:54 PM  

  • If anything you presented us with some valuable insight on how the public is manipulated and massaged to ok billions in unnecessary spending by believing planted stories.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home