.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I always wonder if this goes both ways

We hear a whole lot about Chinese and Russian hackers working into US systems, but I always wonder to what degree the US is doing the same thing to them. (because I don't think the Chinese government is going to publish stories about being hacked.)

Today's US entry is in the WSJ: Electricity Grid in U.S. Penetrated By Spies. By their presentation, it's pretty pervasive.

The next major war is going to look so different.

4 Comments:

  • I'm sure we are hyper-active in our international cyber-spying. We know we are domestically anyway.

    I think more damage can be done to American by disrupting/crippling our electric grid than by bombing buildings.

    By Blogger -epm, at 8:35 AM  

  • Definitely. And, it appears that the Chinese are active and good at this stuff. It seems to be a key part of their defense programs.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:39 AM  

  • I'm sure it works both ways and the electricity grid story is just the tip of the iceberg.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 AM  

  • Oh yeah. I know there's alot of reporting on constant Chinese based "attacks" on military and intelligence computer systems.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home