.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bristol Palin interviews

(MSNBC) "Though she says she doesn’t regret being a mom at 18, Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol said she would campaign to prevent teen pregnancies."

(Paraphrase: "Teen pregnancy is the best thing that ever happened to her and she hopes to devote her life to preventing teen pregnancy.")

And, (US) She added that even though her mother is a staunch Right to Life advocate, "it was my choice to have the baby. It doesn't matter what my mom's views are on it. It was my decision."

(So her mother allows choice in her family but not for the country?)

Later: One more from CNN: “Everyone should be abstinent . . . but it’s not realistic at all,”

4 Comments:

  • Your paraphrase is exactly what I came away with as well.

    By Blogger -epm, at 11:26 AM  

  • yeah. mindblowing.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:29 AM  

  • It's the classic Religious Right, two-standards conundrum. These are the rules I'll force you to follow (and vilify you if you don't), but since I'm better than you in God's eyes, they're more like "suggestions" for me.

    I guess this type of thinking isn't reserved for the religious right, but this sort of "logic of exceptionalism" is their stock and trade.

    By Blogger -epm, at 12:10 PM  

  • Yeah.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home