.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, October 31, 2008

Quote - Eagleburger, one of those 5 Sec States McCain is touting

"Give her some time in the office and I think the answer would be, she will be adequate," he said, pausing before bestowing adjective. "I can't say that she would be a genius in the job. But I think she would be enough to get us through a four year -- well I hope not -- get us through whatever period of time was necessary. And I devoutly hope that it would never be tested."


Now that's an endorsement.

2 Comments:

  • So you have to ask, "Even with these reservations, you still feel a McCain/Palin administration would better navigate our country through these tumultuous times than an Obama/Biden administration? Mr. Eagleburger, is it possible that your endorsement of McCain/Palin is purely due to party identity, and you would have endorse a pound of ground beef and a baked potato if it had an 'R' next to it?"

    By Blogger -epm, at 8:54 AM  

  • You know, this older, semi-retired Eagleburger is who he is.

    I really believe he believes in McCain (long time friend) but this older Eagleburger just says whatever's on his mind.

    I remember him being Bush admin trouble after that staged Sec State conference on Iraq.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home