.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Picture of the Day - 3




Helloooo..... Is anybody listening?


One thing you can say: By pissing off so many Muslims, upsetting so many flashpoints, and coalescing so many varied terror groups, the Bush administration has successfully knocked this guy from his preeminence.

Of course, now we've got hundreds of active terror groups operating in almost every country in the world.....

Related: (SMH) "Saudi Arabian security forces have arrested about 200 suspected terrorists who were said to be plotting to disrupt the kingdom's oil industry....

A total of six separate groups (with six separate plots) were broken up, leading to the arrest of 208 people."

3 Comments:

  • I'm one of those stream of consciousness, rapid association kind of guys. When I see a picture, I often generate an immediate visceral association to some other thing: a song, a movie, whatever.

    When I saw this picture, the song "Space Oddity" by David Bowie popped into my head. The thought of Bin Ladin impotently floating through space have lost connection to ground control...

    By Blogger -epm, at 8:57 AM  

  • I wonder why that is, because from my comments, you can tell I got the same read of isolation, but there's nothing really obvious contextually within the photo to provide that.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:08 AM  

  • Well someone did say there are more important things than Bin Laden. Seems they were right.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home