.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, March 16, 2007

The level of McCain's sellout

I was struck by this ham handed attempt by McCain not to answer a basic question in his efforts to curry to the fringe right.
Q: “So no contraception, no counseling on contraception. Just abstinence. Do you think contraceptives help stop the spread of HIV?”

Mr. McCain: (Long pause) “You’ve stumped me.”

Q: “I mean, I think you’d probably agree it probably does help stop it?”

Mr. McCain: (Laughs) “Are we on the Straight Talk express? I’m not informed enough on it. Let me find out. You know, I’m sure I’ve taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception – I’m sure I’m opposed to government spending on it, I’m sure I support the president’s policies on it.”


I mean, holy crap!!! Do we want a man as president who is intentionally ignorant about something that ten year olds know as fact? (I know, we've already got one.)

And, even if you're wingnut enough to support that position, do you want a president who says, "You know, I’m sure I’ve taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception?"

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home