.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, February 09, 2007

"including women and children"

(AP) "A U.S. airstrike Thursday killed 13 insurgents in a volatile area west of Baghdad, the military said. Local officials said 45 civilians, including women and children, died in the attack."

(Reuters) "Three U.S. soldiers died on Thursday of wounds sustained in combat in the western Anbar province, the U.S. military said on Friday."

Yet, Anna Nicole Smith, much like Barbaro before her, gets the news.

4 Comments:

  • hate to distill it to this but as John Bogart said, "When a dog bites a man, that is not news, because it happens so often. But if a man bites a dog, that is news."

    By Blogger Matteo Tomasini, at 12:55 PM  

  • I don't understand how that applies.

    Is the fact that this moneygrubbing explayboy bunny OD'd a man biting a dog?

    Not trying to be rude, I just don't understand the comment.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:20 PM  

  • It's not everyday that a moneygrubbing explayboy bunny by which a nation has become oddly mesmerized ODs. On the other hand Iraqis are dying each and every damn day. Not saying it's right, only that it's our media reality.

    By Blogger Matteo Tomasini, at 2:06 PM  

  • OK, I think I see it now.

    I think the difference is that I was never part of the mesmerized nation.

    I know one of the lawyers who was involved on the family side in the first round of the estate lawsuits. She is not at all who the media portrayed her to be. I don't see it as a surprise at all that she would OD.

    And, enough of this. I don't really want to take the time to even think about her.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home