.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, January 11, 2007

McCain tries to make money from the "surge."

Just a little personal experience from last night.

Three minutes before the Bush speech, my phone rang, and when I picked it up, it was somebody fundraising from John McCain. I could barely understand him because in the background was a huge bustle of a phone "war room."

About 45 minutes after the speech finished, I got another McCain call looking for a donation.

Just thought I'd mention that McCain's "principled" position that's "costing him so much politically" is being used in fundraising calls directly tied to Bush's speech.

(Although, in the interviews after the speech, Johnny didn't seem best pleased, did he?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home