.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, October 13, 2006

Bob Ney still hasn't resigned

Convicted felon Bob Ney still hasn't resigned!!!! Ney plead guilty today to influence peddling, to taking bribes, and he's still a Republican member of Congress.

The Republicans have come out with a forceful statement saying they will run him out. (In a month a half.)

Ney, on the other hand, wants to collect at least one more check.
Having now appeared in court, I need to close up my congressional office. I want to make sure that my staff members are okay and that any open constituent matters and obligations are taken care of. Once I have done these things, I will be resigning from Congress. This will be done in the next few weeks.

What the hell is going on, Republicans? You're already under fire for not running Foley out, and now you've got a CONVICTED FELON who is going to stay on as a Republican Congressman for at least a few more weeks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home