.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Democratic push in Texas

I've been targeted. In the last 24 hours I have received a mailing, a door hang, and tonight a pretty subtle third party push poll from my Democratic candidate for State Rep. Ellen Cohen. That's alot of money they're spending on me for that race.

State Rep in Texas is not that big a deal, but control of the legislature is huge because of the way state money is doled out. My district must be one of the targeted few they need to flip control. (And then maybe they'll return the congressional districts to where they were.)

Not much to this except that I have never been so targeted. My point is that the Dems think they are fighting with a chance even in local offices down here in Red State Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home