.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Tell me again how Iraq helped stop terrorism.

I found this BBC piece fascinating describing the transition of one Paris teenager from average rap listening class clown to foreign fighter in Iraq, from dating a half Jewish girl in Paris to ending up captured in Fallujah.
In a year's investigation, I found the tragedy of Barbara and Peter replicated across Britain, Europe and the Middle East.

I was left in no doubt from all those I spoke to that Iraq above all else was the motivating factor behind the radicalisation and recruitment of young Muslims, and that the US-led invasion has gifted Osama bin Laden with a Jihad he could only dream of.

All I keep wondering is how many more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home