.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, May 07, 2006

You don't support the troops!!!

Sometimes I notice things that aren't there.

With the majority opinion moving well against the Iraq war, have you noticed that the Whitehouse response to antiwar voices no longer includes charges of "not supporting the troops" or, like they did with Murtha, "aiding the terrorists?"

Perhaps it reflects the growing doubts about the war among the Bush base in whom these accusations were intended to resonate, or perhaps it is a reflection of the broader questioning of the President's values (honesty/integrity,) or moral authority. I don't know.

I just haven't run across any real red-baiting lately out of the big time Republicans.

And while I'm on things that aren't there... Hey George Snuffleopogus, how in the hell can you have Tom Delay on your interview program, and not ask him about the article yesterday that prosecutors have emails stating plainly that Delay's office knew he was in violation of the law on his Abramoff/Scotland trip?

How can you have him on the show and not ask about that?

5 Comments:

  • Sometimes I notice things that aren't there.
    That's why we keep coming back. Both the insights and the commentary are good value.
    Obviously you had your spin shots and have a good strong imunity.

    By Blogger Cartledge, at 3:00 PM  

  • Whoa, Georgie missed that? He should resign.

    By Blogger Bravo 2-1, at 4:18 PM  

  • Mike, I had the same question that you had about DeLay's appearance on This Week. When I saw the guest list, I knew which Sunday morning talk show I wanted to watch.

    I wish to believe that ABC wouldn't agree to any preconditions of not asking this question in order to secure the interview, but I cannot understand what other reason why Stephanopoulos would not ask.

    I don’t pretend to believe that DeLay would answer the question, but we deserve to hear it asked and have a record of his response. How can you not ask the question?

    If Dean were on the hot seat for a scandal of this magnitude, I believe that George would somehow regain his journalistic instincts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 PM  

  • I don't know about the Dean comment, maybe, maybe not, but other than that, I agree completely. How in the hell do you let Tom Delay do that?

    Even if you have the preconditions, just burn him. He's not going to be in congress in a couple months, and is likely going to jail, so he's probably not going to be a future guest.

    I don't normally watch the Sunday shows, that's my tennis time, but I actually made a point to get that one on the DVR and then nothing.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:27 PM  

  • How weak!
    In response all I would've expected was a flat out denial, or even the BS line, "I cannot comment on an ongoing investigation."
    But still the question should be asked. No wonder our goverment is so screwed up, the entrophy of our press to, well press and issue. I mean hell the word "Press" also means push, force, squeeze, move....none of which it's been doing.
    I may actually post on this, if I can expand on it and find the time.

    BTW...thanks for the link. I enjoy your site. Keep up the good work.

    By Blogger zen, at 7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home