.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Luskin denies Rove indictment

I don't know if this counts as a formal statement, but to a blogger, who it sounds like annoyed the hell out of him, Rove's defense attorney flatly denied Jason Leopold's reporting, although it's unclear whether Luskin even knew of the latest reporting to comment on it.

So, I don't know. It may be a development, it may not. Read it yourself.

In the comments on that post, the author says she has been in constant communication with Jason Leopold and "Yes, he's standing by the story. And yes, I believe him. As to when it will be announced, that's a different story, because of Bush's speech planned for Monday night. They may hold it until Tuesday or even after."

(Here's my post of Jason's original reporting that Karl Rove has already been indicted under seal. I'm going to be covering this all day. Nobody else is picking this story up yet, it must sound as odd to them as it does to me, but following this as closely as I have, Jason Leopold has not had one major detail proved wrong in his reporting since I've been following him specifically from around the Libby indictment. There are many things as yet unproved, John Hannah's cooperation for instance, but I don't think there has been a major detail that has been proved wrong. If it's wrong, it's wrong, but my guess at this point is that it isn't.)

1 Comments:

  • Glenda,

    First, I absolutely love the Glenda picture, it made smile.

    Second, I am so torn on this thing. I believe Leopold's reporting, but the mechanics of what he's describing seems unusual to me.

    One way or the other, we'll know in the next day or two. My guess is that it's true, but if it is, either the White House reporters aren't chasing it, or there has been an incredible lockdown on the information. The Leopold reporting reflects several people in the white house, so it's not a complete secret.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home