.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's the media's fault we're losing Iraq

This last ditch position Bush laid out in his press conference is being criticized and made fun of everywhere, so, no matter how tempted, I'm not going to do much on it.

I just thought I'd point out that criticizing the media is the only avenue left to Bush. Quite obviously, his "strategy" cannot substantially affect the violence, so all that's left is to criticize the media for covering it.

It's like a coach of a team of all stars blaming the refs after a loss. Mr. President, it's not the refs, it's the gameplan.

(Also, anybody else notice that the headline coming out of that press conference seems to be some version of "Bush Says US Troops to Stay in Iraq Through 2008?" I don't think that's the reassuring front page they were hoping would come out of that.)

2 Comments:

  • Any given saturday about 1/2 of British football coaches blame the ref.
    Seriously, whose next, us? And why not, bloggers kill American troops not American foriegn policy!

    Poetry Politics and Piracy
    http://judaspenrose.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:56 AM  

  • Good point, Judas. And, I have already been accused of killing the troops in a rather nonsensical obscenity laced tirade I received in December.

    Not the administration, mind you, but still.

    I didn't save the accusation, but here's my response.

    Oh, and in reponse to an online piece I wrote for counterpunch,I also have been called a traitor by someone who's cousin died in 9-11. After a little looking, I found that they were very, very active in using their dead relative to attack people who didn't like Bush.

    I've always been sure that cousin would be honored by the use of his death to advance George Bush's agenda.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home