.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Santorum channelling charity money to staffers?

Funny, after all that rhetoric from the Republicans blasting trial lawyers, it's boomtimes for defense attorneys in DC.
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sen. Rick Santorum's charity donated about 40 percent of the $1.25 million it spent during a four-year period, well below Better Business Bureau standards - paying out the rest for overhead, including several hundred thousand dollars to campaign aides on the charity payroll.

And no, he's not charged with anything yet, but I'll bet he's talking to a lawyer by Monday.

3 Comments:

  • Santorum is my pet bastard. Keep it coming, Mike.

    I will never forget this gem: "Your 'friends' have flooded my personal email account."

    "Don't the taxpayers pay for this account?"

    "Yes, but that doesn't mean they can use it." Almost everything they do there screams asshole.

    By Blogger Lily, at 4:43 PM  

  • Every time I think I may be too harsh and biased towards my view of the greater of two evils, along comes a story like this (as well as the one concerning Katherine Harris taking money from "Duke" Cunningham's defense contratcor)to confirm it.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 5:10 PM  

  • I really don't like Santorum, but I've got my own personal bitch down here in Texas in my state's shame John Cornyn. Everytime the Bush admin needs a Senator to take a coverying position, he's there. Torture, renditions, wiretapping....

    You may remember my state's shame as the one who said in relation to the warrantless wiretapping, "civil liberties don't matter much when you're dead."

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home