.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, February 09, 2006

McClellan's new buzz phrase

Twice in the Gaggle today, Scott McClellan used the phrase, "relitigate this" in regards to the administration's invasion of Iraq.

(Bush: See, litigate is associated with lawyers so you know that anybody who wants to talk about why we're in Iraq simply wants to "nail" the president on "a technicality." They're not simple folks like us, they're trying to cheat the system.)

In Usage:
Q Can I go to something on Iraq? Just following up on something Helen said. The President and you often say that it was Saddam Hussein's decision to make. What could he have done, given the fact that you haven't found weapons of mass destruction, to stop the invasion?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, Martha, I don't think we need to go back and relitigate all this, but it was spelled out very clearly what he needed to do, and he continued to defy the international community -- 17-some resolutions.

This was a test run, but I would expect to start seeing elsewhere. And they were just all over McClellan today on Katrina, the footless terrorists in 2002, Abramoff emails and alot more.

(I know this is small in the face of everything, but from time to time, I like to trace the arc of spin phrases. Speaking of which, I think the phrases "Saddamists" and "dead enders" have gone away.)

3 Comments:

  • Hold on, Mike..could you relitigate that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

  • Scotty boy: "But Mr. Satan, I didnt mean to do anything evil. I didnt mean to decieve millions of people. Remember the time I took that puppy home with the hurt foot? I was good then."

    Satan: "Shut the fuck up and bend over, I'm not going to RELITIGATE any of this. Now where is that pineapple?"

    By Blogger Yukkione, at 10:33 PM  

  • The frightening thing to me is that this crap is working. The clamor over going into Iraq has been significantly quelled.

    They lied us into war, got caught at it, and no "mainstream" political figures are attacking them for it, looking for an investigation, it's disappearing.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home