.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Halliburton hired to build 'the camps'

I don't know why this jumped out at me, but,
KBR would build the centers for the Homeland Security Department for an unexpected influx of immigrants, to house people in the event of a natural disaster or for new programs that require additional detention space, company executives said.

Maybe it's the implied intention to start rounding up large numbers of people for deportation. Maybe it grabbed my eye as a sign of coming trouble in the terror/Katrina aftermath. Maybe it's just the idea of my government building large scale "detention centers." (The NYTimes' description)

5 Comments:

  • Hmmm. Will there be a sign over the entrance, "Work will make you free?"

    By Blogger NEWSGUY, at 11:32 AM  

  • I don't know, man. It just made me laugh.

    I mean, who else would build the "camps."

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:51 PM  

  • I guess the FEMA camps that Ollie North built in the '80s won't hold all the Mexicans they expect to cross the border, so they had to build more. Either that, or Halliburton hadn't got a bone from Ol' Dick in a while, and he had to look after his own.
    Just don't start thinking they'll be rounding up dissenters.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 10:34 PM  

  • This is scary.

    By Blogger Yukkione, at 10:43 PM  

  • Honestly, Katrina showed that having emergency housing available might not be such a bad thing, but the way it echoed to me,

    Of Course Halliburton would build "the camps," just got to me.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home