.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ms. Rice?

Not a big fan of Condi Rice, but today's post is not about that, it's about the NYTimes coverage of her. When Colin Powell was Sec State, wasn't he referred to as Secretary Powell? Right? It certainly wasn't Mr. Powell.

Then why are they calling Condi Rice, Ms. Rice? Did they do the same thing with Albright? I thought it was Sec Albright, but I could be wrong. And I'm quite sure it wasn't Mr. Baker when James Baker held the post.

I know its a small thing, but this bothers me and I don't know why. Is it sexism? I just don't know.

Ms. Rice suggested further that the administration ......

Though President Bush and Ms. Rice promised a revamped "public diplomacy" .....

And it goes on like that throughout the article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home