.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blog disclaimer

I've got to admit, the economic situation is just crushing me, emotionally at least. I've been trying to maintain a forced denial and detachment, but it's been getting harder and harder as those stray thoughts of worry from the fall diffuse deeper and more broadly across more of my day.

It's my opinion that the blog is suffering a bit as my mood darkens. It's kind of difficult to maintain tone as I grow more worried about what's going on in my direct world. As I hurt, my world shrinks in, this doesn't seem as important, and less stuff feels bloggable.

This post may represent only a momentary yelp, and let me make it clear, I'm not abandoning here, but I felt like I had to explain. I'm feeling the pressure, and it feels like it's affecting everything I do. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

(Pardon the self indulgence. I don't do it often.)

6 Comments:

  • Yeah, these are definitely the "interesting times" that the Chinese like to wish on their enemies.

    Everyone is hurting, there's no denying it. But if it's any consolation to you, what you're feeling isn't showing up in your blog. It's as good as it always is. I can depend on learning something interesting every time I come here. Still do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 AM  

  • I've been laid of since 01/28 and I come back to your blog day after day like have for almost 4 years now.

    You're still a beacon and a damned fine blogger. Please do what you can but I understand if it's too much.

    By Blogger matt, at 8:43 AM  

  • I hear you, brother.

    I really appreciate you bogging... not to put any pressure on you or anything. But I know what it's like to feel the walls closing in on you.

    By Blogger -epm, at 8:45 AM  

  • Thanks, guys. Just kind of a low point. I just noticed I'm posting less, and putting less effort into the pictures.

    Again, I'm gonna keep blogging, because I enjoy it, but there are definitely points where I feel like I'm mailing it in.

    It's just hard to get excited about the hobby when the real world presses.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:25 AM  

  • Like Matt, I'm still checking in every day. Don't comment much, just don't have time.

    Hang in there!!! I feel the same.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 1:25 PM  

  • Thanks.

    And it comes and goes.

    Just kinda wanted to explain if there were posting gaps.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home