.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Picture of the Day - How can we miss her if she won't go away.....?
















A picture of Governor Palin back in her office in Alaska on Friday morning by AP/Al Grillo. Balloons, a cake, a party, a "Welcome Back Governor banner?"

Working on the assumption that a news photographer doesn't get a picture inside the Governor's office without someone signing off, you have to view this image as very intentional.

This is the image her "campaign" wants out there to accompany all the articles. This image is part of the Palin pushback.

So, what's the message? I don't care that we lost? My critics can't hurt me? They still love me in Alaska? (among my staff!)

Still...a party image just two days after the loss feels very tacky. Then again, rehabbing your image before McCain's body is cold is pretty tacky to begin with.

(Also, She chose this image, not a somber, serious portrayal.)

5 Comments:

  • Do the blue balloons represent blue states?

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 7:18 AM  

  • Ironically, the campaign that accused Obama as being nothing more than a "Paris Hilton"-like celebrity has spawned this.

    By Blogger -epm, at 7:40 AM  

  • She'd better watch how much cake she eats if she wants to stay "hot" for 2012.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 8:01 AM  

  • They looked like blue eggs to me when I first looked at the image.

    By Blogger Ptelea, at 8:31 AM  

  • Lew, I didn't count them, and I think her problems foe 2012 are larger than a potential weight problem.

    ....

    EPM, She is the diva.

    ....

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home