.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TG's theory on Florida

I thought this was a very interesting idea posited by TG,
Or... is it possible that Clinton DOESN'T really want a re-vote... could her calculus be that she'll do better with Florida as a moral argument than as a small clutch of delegates?

If you accept the supposition that Clinton cannot overtake Obama in pledged delegates or states won, the only remaining "moral argument" left to her would be a claim of winning the popular vote.

As conventional wisdom seems to be that revotes would likely be closer than the standing, unsanctioned results, a Fla. revote could very likely make overtaking the popular vote totals impossible.

Plus, done properly, this would allow an argument that not all votes were counted, painting Obama as "winning through the rules."

Maybe that's why the Clinton heavy Florida DNC can't/won't push something through.....

Just a supposition, but I found it interesting.

3 Comments:

  • I expect (if HRC doesn't get the nomination) to hear she and her surrogates blame many things...the MI and FL screw-up being just one. She will cite getting the most "democratic" votes, caucuses, primary schedules, race etc. She may even admit to running a poor campaign - from a management-perspective. I expect a lot of finger-pointing but little accepting of blame herself. I don't necessarily look at her actions in FL or MI in a conspiritorial way. She was and is trying anything to get a footing in the debate of being "better" in the electability question.

    I hope she ends it soon...altho I no longer have any doubt OB can and will handle anything that comes up. But I hate the argument of "just wait till the GOP starts on OB"...I am so tired of "fear of the dirty politics" meme...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 PM  

  • Right. But I think you'd take her blaming the system if it gave her a way to get out with a perception of dignity.

    And, I've been mulling a "Dems, "Be Not Afraid" post.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:02 PM  

  • she has no dignity left - not even a perception...but I'll give her a pass for blaming the system...sort of fits the whole "victim" mentality assigned (correctly or not) to her...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home