.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, February 15, 2008

Quote

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson at a congressional hearing yesterday,
Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.) asked about home foreclosures and the "subprime crisis."

Replied Paulson: "I didn't create this problem.".....

Paulson must have known he sounded off key, because toward the end he seasoned his remarks with disclaimers such as "I don't mean to be overly complacent" and "I don't mean to sound heartless."

.

3 Comments:

  • It kinda reminds me of a scene form Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby where Will Ferrell says, "With all due respect..." and than just totally insults the person his talking to. "With all due respect, I didn't realize you'd gotten experimental surgery to get your balls removed. "

    As if "will all due respect" was somehow gave the speaker authority to be disrespectful without consequence.

    For Paulson it's, "I don't mean to sound heartless, but I really don't care about these people."

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:09 AM  

  • Maybe now that he's being candid Mr. Paulson can tell us who he thinks is to blame?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 AM  

  • It just struck me as pretty unbelievable.

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home