.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Clinton's are fundraising like it's 1999

I found this little snapshot interesting. "Either Mrs. Clinton or Mr. Clinton will headline fund-raisers almost every day through the end of February."

Sometimes several a day. She's even leaving the battleground states for fundraisers.

(I think this is a forward looking sign for her campaign. If they have to win everything from March 4 forward, they can't start March 5 broke.

This fundraising schedule tells me they really do expect to go on.)

2 Comments:

  • Do fund-raisers of this kind targeted at max donors... the country club and corporate players? Is this a pool that can still be tapped by the Clinton's? And if so, to what extent and at this point in the game how much of the Clinton fund-raising is calling in chits and, dare I say, strong-arm solicitations?

    Also, here again we see "The Clintons" are campaigning. I just can't shake the uncomfortable feeling of dynastic power-lust -- the third Clinton term -- I'm getting from Team Clinton. In fact, the more this campaign move forward the more disturbing I find it.

    By Blogger -epm, at 2:32 PM  

  • I'm assuming if they're holding them, they've got more donors.

    I'm sure they're stongarming, but there's also probably lots of people who want to contribute that haven't.

    I think fundraising Bill is probably his biggest advantage to her.

    (I hope they pick a VP who likes to golf or something.)

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home