.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Carol Lam's version sure sound like they were stopping the Wilkes investigation

Read this section of Carol Lam's written replies to Congress.
After a follow-up call with Mike Battle a few days later, I requested additional time to ensure and orderly transition in the office, especially regarding pending investigations and several significant cases that were set to begin trial in the next few months.

On January 5, 2007, I received a call from Michael Elston informing me that my request for more time base on case-related considerations was “not being received positively,” and that I should “stop thinking in terms of the cases in the office.” He insisted that I had to depart in a matter of weeks, not months, and that these instructions were “coming from the very highest levels of the government.”

"The very highest levels of the government" didn't want her to finish cases. Her version, but still....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home