.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Friday, February 02, 2007

Bush's way out

Sometimes I wonder if the Bush administration doesn't secretly want the Congress to defund the war or take some other enforceable action so that the blame can then be passed on.

He's doing everything he can to pressure them, forcing the unpopular escalation which the Dem base is almost unanimously against, dropping a $245 billion request right into the middle of the congealing Senate debate, all the while almost daring them to do something.

I don't know, but he does seem to be dangling it out there.

4 Comments:

  • Interesting. My kids act this way sometimes...

    By Blogger -epm, at 10:20 AM  

  • Acting out to get father's attention?

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:47 AM  

  • I don't know. Bush's psychological state is enigmatic. I will say his behavior has often reminded me of that of an anti-social adolescent. He seems emotionally stunted.

    Not to draw too close an analogy, many of the priests who exploited children were thought to be (diagnosed?) as being emotionally stunted by entering the seminarian/monastic track during their sexually formative years and thus never developed appropriate intimacy/sexual identities. Now I'm NOT saying Bush is a pervert! But I am saying I suspect there's something in his (dysfunctional?) privileged upbringing and/or his untreated substance abuse that may have caused him to not fully develop certain regulating emotional triggers that healthy people have. I'm sure there's more than one mental health professional that would give his/her right arm to get him "on the couch!"

    By Blogger -epm, at 11:27 AM  

  • If we're going into The Head, I would guess distant father, domineering mother.

    Not an expert, just a guess.


    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home