.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Tony Snow on the intellectual acumen of his boss

Somebody want to explain this one to me? Tony Snow talking about Bush at one of Snow's fundraising events.
On the intellectual acumen of his boss: “He reminds me of one of those guys at the gym who plays about 40 chessboards at once.”

I often see people playing multiple board chess at the gym.

Also, just cause he's playing 40 games doesn't mean he's winning any of them. You could take me to "the gym" right now and I could lose 40 simultaneous games.

(Maybe that's the Bush version of an infinite number of monkeys.)

2 Comments:

  • I guess it means his boss is out of his realm of competence (40 chess boards at once) and on top of that he's done the equivalent of bringing a knife to a gun fight (playing chess at a gym).

    Really, Snow's comment is just par for the course for this administration... just makin' it up as he goes along and making no sense on top of it.

    By Blogger -epm, at 9:56 PM  

  • I agree, but is so out there, it boggles my mind. I've read it a dozen times and it makes less sense now.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home