.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Plame Gossip - Heh Heh Heh

FULL TRANSCRIPT FROM DAVID SHUSTER'S REPORT:

[TO SHUSTER PKG]

WHILE HIS SUPPORTERS CONTINUE TO PUT ON A GOOD FACE, SOURCES CLOSE TO KARL ROVE SAY THE PRESIDENTIAL ADVISOR IS NOW MORE WORRIED, NOT LESS, THAT HE IS GOING TO GET INDICTED. THE SOURCES SAY ROVE WAS SURPRISED BY SOME OF THE QUESTIONS HE WAS ASKED AND BY THE FACT THE SESSION STRETCHED ON FOR THREE AND A HALF HOURS.

I gotta catch the 6PM rebroadcast of Hardball. The grand jury is scheduled to meet again Friday. Fitzgerald may use that time to enter more evidence, but I'll bet it's all largely in, so it is really possible we might have an indictment tomorrow. If not, very possibly next week.

Also, I would guess by the fact that the grand jury asked him questions for three and a half hours, that they're not buying his story. They believe Fitzgerald's version and it appears Fitzgerald wants to indict.

3 Comments:

  • Rove will only have to wait two and a half years before he gets his pardon from Bush, on his way out.

    By Blogger Lew Scannon, at 6:54 PM  

  • I nearly dropped out of my seat when I heard Shuster's report on the 5 PM edition of Hardball here in NY. I actually watched the replay at 7 PM too because it was so enjoyable.

    I wonder who leaked to Shuster and why they leaked. Was it Rove trying to send out the message that an indictment is coming? Was it somebody in the WH trying to nudge Rove completely out the door because they know an indictment is coming? Was it Rove trying to throw people off the trail because he's actually cooperating with the prosecution and he figures he can fool people if he throws out the story that he's worried about being indicted?

    I tend to think Shuster's got the real scoop but I suppose this could be another Rovian ratfucking too.

    By Blogger Reality-Based Educator, at 7:04 PM  

  • On the Olberman show, Schuster said that that description came from a Rove friend at a party last night. Probably somebody a little loose, not on the clock who spoke out of school.

    I don't think it is a ratf**k. I think right now, Tony Snow is getting his first taste of what it's like in his new job. He can see the wave coming....

    And, Lew, Rove may get a pardon, but I don't know yet. Alot of it will depend on whether this is the end of the investigation, which I doubt, and what the politics will be in two years. If this were to spin like Watergate into Cheney's lap on more serious charges, a Bush pardon might be seen as complicity. Then there's that little matter of Bush's seemingly overriding concern about his legacy.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home