.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Pcture of the Day - 2 - If they're gonna spy on us...


NSA headquarters.


(While I was looking for this, I also found very high definition satellite pictures of other places to make my point, the Whitehouse without the defensive countermeasures blacked out, the Naval Observatory (VP's residence,) Al Gonzales' house. It's really pretty amazing what's out there in the public record, but I decided not to put those up because I didn't feel right about it. This low definition picture of the NSA will have to do.)

3 Comments:

  • Check out Google Earth if you haven't already. You might be able to find your car if it's been parked for a while and if you live in a big enough city.

    By Blogger Justin, at 9:23 AM  

  • Yeah, I know, but google earth blurs or leaves out certain national security installations. There's a couple of sites out there, I'm not gonna name them, that have pictures of dams, military bases, and other "targets." The one I'm familiar with is run by an extreme libertarian who has won repeated court cases, been raided by the FBI etc for putting up public domain pictures like this one.

    Mike

    By Blogger mikevotes, at 10:03 AM  

  • This is sort of amusing considering the history of NSA at Ft. Meade. There was a time when you could drive along I-95, see this huge installation (Ft. Meade), but there was no sign to tell you that NSA was there. Rumor was that the agency's name and initials were classified.

    Now I think that there's a simple sign that says NSA. Though I know that there is a sign for the National Cryptologic Museum. Very cool if you ever get the chance.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home