Ashcroft now teaches at Pat Robertson's Grad School?
Mr (Pat)Robertson is an important man: the former Attorney General John Ashcroft teaches at his university, and his views are sought on Supreme Court candidates and foreign affairs.
Did you know this? I sure didn't. But it's true.
Ashcroft resigned in February from President Bush’s administration and one month later accepted a job to teach at Regent University in Virginia Beach .
And another source if you need it. And Regent's announcement.
OK. So, the next thing to do is to look at exactly what is Pat Robertson's Regent University (formally known as CBN University/Christian Broadcasting Network University).
Preamble Regent University is an institution of higher learning that exists to bring glory to God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ through the work of the Holy Spirit.
Mission Our mission is to provide exemplary education, from a biblical perspective, leading to the bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees for aspiring servant leaders in pivotal professions, and to be a leading center of Christian thought and action. .....
It is expected that our students will both understand and agree to receive an education in accordance with the following articles:
• That the Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative source of Christian doctrine and precept.
• That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• That man was created in the image of God but as a result of sin is lost and powerless to save himself.
• That the only hope for man is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the virgin-born Son of God, who died to take upon Himself the punishment for the sin of mankind, and who rose from the dead, so that by receiving Him as Savior and Lord, man is redeemed by His blood.
• That Jesus Christ will personally return to earth in power and glory.
• That the Holy Spirit indwells those who receive Christ for the purpose of enabling them to live righteous and holy lives.
• That the Church is the Body of Christ and is comprised of all those who, through belief in Christ, have been spiritually regenerated by the indwelling Holy Spirit.
The mission of the church is worldwide evangelization and the nurturing and discipling of Christians.
Is this the best gig Ashcroft could get? No, probably not. But I do think it underlines just how "Christian Crazy" the guy really is. And he was attorney general of the US for four years.
(Kind of a slow news weekend.)