.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Born at the Crest of the Empire

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Power's back up, Everybody's fine.

I stayed at my parent's last night, a little higher ground, and their power went off this AM. My sister just got hers back an hour ago, and the power at my house never went out. Houston suffered very little damage overall, and it appears everyone I know is fine.

That's just an update. It's been a long couple of days, and I'm pretty tired. It's gonna take a couple of days, or just something colossally stupid by our government, before the outrage comes up enough for me to blog again.

I'm tentatively guessing tomorrow morning. And I still owe you one on the evacuation problems.

Just so very, very tired.

Mike

1 Comments:

  • Dorita said:

    Hey Mike,

    I'm so glad you and yours are safe. So are my family and friends and the furry ones -- even the little kitten that I have been trying to catch (she's ben living under my house) was here and hungry when I got home -- I was too tired to try to catch her.

    I went to a friend's condo over by the dome. She lives on the 3rd floor and was kind enough to let three of us come with all our pets to her place -- we had a total of three dogs and 8 cats. They all got along even though all but two of them had never been through a serious storm before.

    The lights flickered but never went out. I got back home earlier this afternoon and the electricity is on -- thank goodness.



    I'm trying to check in with all my online contacts right now, but I will get back here and read all of your posts after Friday.

    Take care and write after you've gotten some rest. I'm thinking I might last for another hour and then I'm gonna crash.

    dorita

    4:48 PM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home